If you’re looking to save money on your energy bills, one area you may want to focus on is your dryer. Drying clothes is one of the most energy-intensive tasks in the home, but there are several things you can do to use your dryer more efficiently.
Expert Tips for Maximum Efficiency
- Reduce drying time by spinning clothes thoroughly in the washing machine.
- Keep the lint filter clean to improve your dryer's efficiency and reduce the risk of fire.
- Sort clothes by fabric type to reduce drying time and prevent over-drying.
- Avoid overloading or underloading the dryer to maximize efficiency.
- Create an ideal drying environment by putting your tumble dryer in a well-ventilated room and drying loads one after another.
- Use dryer balls to soften clothes and reduce drying time.
- Untangle laundry before drying to prevent clothes from clumping and improve drying efficiency.
- Fasten duvet covers before drying to prevent them from getting tangled up and improve drying efficiency.
- Avoid adding wet clothes mid-cycle as this can increase drying time and reduce efficiency.
Following these simple tips will help you reduce your energy bills and environmental impact, improve the efficiency of your dryer, and prevent disaster—a win-win. If you need some help cleaning your dryer vents, the Dryer Vent Wizard of Northern Nevada is happy to assist. We offer thorough dryer vent cleaning to ensure your vent system is safer and more efficient.
Call (775) 335-1717 to learn more about our services or request an appointment.